Swim & Dive Club
The ‘Nooga Swim Club welcomes all swimmers & divers to join the fun! Our goal is to provide middle and high school students with an opportunity to improve their overall health and strength while improving their technique. We compete against regional teams in a fun and nurturing environment. Lightning athletes are a part of the 'Nooga Swim Club, comprised of public and home school students from many local swim & dive clubs around the area. If you can swim 50m freestyle, you are eligible to swim! The season runs from late September through the Championships in January.
To join our club:
- Upload current forms to PRIVIT prior to the first practice https://tinyurl.com/NPPrivit
- Complete the ‘Nooga Swim REGISTRATION PACKET: concussion form, registration and code of conduct (found at the bottom of this page). Return to Mrs. Myers or email to our head coach, Cecelia Wigal firstname.lastname@example.org
- Purchase a TEAM SUIT. Be sure to order the plain suit (without the logo) https://tinyurl.com/NoogaSwim19
- PRACTICE - Swimmers can be a member of, and practice with, any local swim program at a minimum of two practices per week.
- Team practice is held the McCallie pool (Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 7:15 - 8:30pm and Saturday 10-11:30am) with Coaches Janelle and Trevor Wagoner.
- Register at www.mccgpsaquatics.com.
- Bring tennis shoes and a water bottle for dry land exercises, as well as a swim suit, towel and goggles. Optional practice equipment includes fins, a kick-board and swim cap.
- Join our Remind group www.remind.com/join/fb4hcc, via the app with join code fb4hcc. (If you are on facebook, there is also a CSAS Swim group that will have the same information.)
- There is no LAC fee but athletes will pay for practices, purchase a team suit and grey swim cap. There will be an occasional meet fee for which we will try to alert you to prior to the meet, typically about $2.
- Events for middle school swimmers are 50 free, 100 free, 200 free, 500 free, 200 IM, 100 breast, 100 back, 100 fly. There are also 3 relays: 4x50 free, 4x100 free, 4x50 medley for a total of four events per meet. (ie: 2 individual events and 2 relays, or 1 individual event and 3 relays.)
2018 photo gallery
Congratulations to the 2019-2020 Lightning Swimmers:
Thursday, 11/7 @McCallie
Tuesday, 12/3 @Calhoun
Friday, 12/13 @Ooltewah
Thursday, 12/19 @Cleveland
Saturday, 1/18 @Baylor for MS Championships
January 24 & 25 @Calhoun for North GA Championships
Tips for Parents & Swimmers: