Normal Park Museum Magnet School
7th Grade Monday Memo
Week of April 23, 2017
TCAP testing is every day this week. Please be present and on time.
Duct tape donations are still needed.
This week we continue to review skills from the year. We also will use the bowling data to make statistical inferences based on graphical displays.
Quest: Due date has been extended to Wednesday.
Homework (Due on Friday)
No math homework this week.
This week we will be reviewing for TCAP and working on a flower collage project.
· TCAP study guide due
· Genetics quiz on Thursday
· This week if students do their quiz corrections at home for homework, I will have time to look over them Wednesday or Thursday during class! They can earn up to half their points back.
Link to quizlet:
Email me at email@example.com with any questions
This week in World History we will continue our studies of the western hemisphere and the Age of Exploration.
No homework during TCAP Week!
eTextbook link: https://connected.mcgraw-hill.com/connected/login.do
Travel Journal Instructions Link:
E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
This week we are digging into our altered books. We will work on our original works, designing our covers, and sealing pages. We will end the week with a poetry reading day on Friday.
This quarter we are creating altered books. If you have scrapbooking supplies, old fabric, ribbons, beads, buttons, sequins, etc, please send them in. We need A LOT of materials. Thank you so much to everyone who sent in materials last week!
Read something great for 30 minutes a night.
Email me at email@example.com
7th Grade Spanish
Quiz on “Ir en un viaje” will be taken after testing week.
Spanish Through the Ages
Open notes quiz Finish on Tuesday, April 24.
· Basquiat inspired poetry painting - exhibit label due Wednesday, 4/18
· Sea Monster - watch introduction videos by Monday, 4/23
Unless otherwise stated, all assignments are in Google Classroom.
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
· TCAP Schedule: All testing begins at 8:00 AM sharp!
Wednesday April 16th: Writing Assessment
Monday April 23: ELA parts 2 and 3
Tuesday April 24: ELA part 4 and Math part 1
Wednesday April 25: Math parts 2 and 3
Thursday April 26: Science parts 1 and 2
Friday April 27: History parts 1 and 2
· The Band Spring Concert is May 10th at 6:00 pm. 6th-8th students should wear a white top with black pants/skirt or solid black. They should be in their auditorium spots by 5:30. The cost is $5 adults/$3 students. Volunteers are needed to take money and supervise students in the balcony before and during the concert.
Also, the band has been invited to perform at Lake Winnie on May 18th. More information will be available soon. Contact Mrs. McKee at mckee_e@hcde. org if you are interested in helping that day.
· Spring Choir and Dance Concert Information:
The spring choir and dance concert will be on Tuesday, May 1st at 6:00 pm. Admission is $3 for students and $5 for adults. All performers should report to the cafeteria by 5:30 pm. Choir students, please dress nicely. No jeans, short skirts or high heels. Show choir students will need black shirts and leggings. We are looking forward to the concert and showcasing all the learning that has taken place over the last semester!
· You are able to pay LE Fees online through www.normalpark.com. It is quick and easy! Just look for the online payments option on the left.
· Please note that we will no longer be able to give change on cash payments sent in with your student for learning expeditions and other expenses. (This does not apply to cafeteria or SACC fees) For example, if you are sending in $20 for an LE fee of $18, we will be unable to return the $2 difference to your student. If you require a refund of an overpayment, you will need to request a refund from the bookkeeper. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact our bookkeeper, Angie Nye, at email@example.com. Thank you!
· PLEASE subscribe to the 7th grade email list and remind.com. We send out important information, and we want to be able to contact you. The link for remind.com is on the links page under 7th grade at normalpark.com.
· All Normal Park students should wear their grade level shirt on Learning Expeditions. They are $10 and can be purchased from the office.