Registration information for 2020-2021 school year

Normal Park Student Registration Info

In an effort to eliminate Registration Day, we have streamlined the process into the following steps. Steps 1-3 must be completed before your child begins school in the fall. If you are having trouble with any of the links, they are also available at

Step 1: Complete Normal Park Registration form

You will need to submit the following Google form. This is NOT optional. Click on the link below to begin:


Having trouble with the Google form?  Print the PDF at the bottom of this page, fill out, and bring to school.



Step 2: Complete online student registration


Registration for RETURNING STUDENTS is available now for the 2020 - 2021 school year. If your child attended a Hamilton County school in 2019 - 2020 and will be attending another Hamilton County school in the fall, your child will enroll as a Returning Student.


Visit the PowerSchool Parent Portal to enroll your child. If you are new to PowerSchool and you do not have a Parent Portal access ID and password or have forgotten your login info, please contact the school.  Lower School parents Grades K-3rd email for login info. Upper School parents grades 4th-8th email


NOTE:  You do not need to upload proofs of residence in PowerSchool.  Proofs will be uploaded in Step 3 below.



From the Parent Portal:  (

  1. Sign in with your username and password.
  2. Select the student you wish to re-register along the top
  3. Select the Student Registration Icon on the left side for 2020-2021.
  4. Agree to the terms and conditions
  5. Click Begin Forms




Any student who did not attend a Hamilton County school last year will register as a new student. You will need to create an account and complete an online registration form by clicking on the following link: New Student Registration


Kindergarten parents: If you missed Kindergarten registration online earlier in the summer, you may still register at this time.




If your child went to another HCDE school last year and has accepted a magnet spot at Normal Park for the 2020-21 year, register as a returning student.  We will transfer them into our system. Kindergarten magnet students will register as a New Student.


View the Parent Portal Instructions, or contact your school  for more information.



Step 3: Proofs of Residence and Birth Certificate/Immunizations


Please upload 2 current (within 30 days) proofs of residence. Please include a utility bill, mortgage statement and/or lease agreement as one of the proofs of residence:


Kindergarten and New Students (those new to HCDE): You will also need to upload pictures of your child's birth certificate and immunization records. You can do that through the link above with your proofs of residence. 


If you CANNOT upload these documents, you may come in person to show us these on August 7th at the following times: 

Last name begins with:

A-E 8:30-9:30

F-J 10:00-11:00

K-P 11:30-12:30 

Q-Z 1:00-2:00


Step 4: Pay school fees


Registration fees for the 2020-21 school year:

  • Arts, Science & Technology fee: $20  
This is the fee to help cover expenses for Related Arts & Technology for the current school year.
  • Magnet Programming fee: $30
This fee helps us pay for exhibit design materials.
Fees may be paid in person at the school or through this online link in July:  ONLINE PAYMENTS
If you are setting up an online payment account for the first time, follow the instructions that are attached in the "Fees" link at the bottom of this page.



Step 5: Magnet Families Only:

Complete the magnet agreement form here:


Step 6: Register for School Aged Child Care (optional)


The registration form for before-care and after-care for the 2020-21 school year will be available soon at under the "Parents and Students" tab and then select the Child Care link. All forms will need to be printed and brought to the school with the $10 registration fee attached.



Step 7: Complete a Free and Reduced Lunch application (optional)

Income guidelines are adjusted each year, and families need to submit a new application at the beginning of each school year, either online or by completing a paper application (available in the cafeteria). Online applications will be available here mid-July.